
So here I am
My companions have left for China... and I remain, by choice. Oh I enjoy traveling, the new sights and sounds, taists and smells. And the company would have been excellent. So, why did I choose to remain behind in Takarazuka (Japan)? The answer would sound quite simple at first, even though it is two-fold. "Money and a lack of interest." But wait! I just said that I enjoy traveling so... why this lack of interest? I mean I do find Chinese history to be quite fascinating, I actually enjoy traditional Chinese music, the great wall is something that I would love to see, as well as the forbidden city. So, why am I sitting where I am? Well, I could raise the money issue and just leave it at that. Because to be honest I haven't saved near as much as I had hoped to before coming to teach English here in Japan. This was the initial reason for my decision to remain behind, but in the past few days a quiet, unspoken longing has finally found it's voice. "There is only one trip that I desire to make at this point in time and that is the trip home." Oh many of my friends and family are aware that I have looked forward to returning to Canada for some time now. I mean being separated from that special someone in your life for 7 months is enough to make anyone eager to jump on the next plain home. But I hadn't realized until now that my desire to travel has almost completely vanished. Now I don't suspect that this will be a permanent state-of-being. Becky and I still talk quite frequently of traveling and visiting Europe is still near the top of my list of things that I want to do in the not so distant future, but for now ... my feet desire to walk in only one direction, home. So, here I am. Sitting in this quiet appartment, listing to the commuter trains pass bye and knowing that in twelve days I will be on one of those trains and on my way home.

3 Comments:
mmm 12 days till you're home...yes it is getting closer! very excited over here! hey just think also, that means 12 days left of being in japan...just 12. i know you'll make the most of it. :-)
(so now that you have an offical blog, i'm getting more convinced to move up from msn myspace...we'll see...)
Hey Buddy,
We missed you in China - it would have been great to travel with you, but we all understood why you had to decline. You did miss out on many interesting things: ask Rob about being urinated on, or the meaning we read into the smiles of the Chinese... anyways, good to see you blogging! Talk to you later :)
Dude, how I do understand fully the want to be with your someone special...funny how you're at the seven month mark, that's what it was before Brian came. And while I'm sad to lose you, I know Becky is so happy to get you. So, because I like that girl, I'm happy to see you go and be happy in Canada. Though...a bit jealous ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home